The Church of Holy Trinity in Ardington dates from c.1200 (nave, chancel and north doorway) and is in the Early English style. It was restored and enlarged at the cost of Lord Wantage in 1887. Ardington and East and West Lockinge are essentially estate villages nestling at the foot of the Berkshire Downs with much of the property owned by the Lockinge Estate.The estate extends to approximately 7500 acres of farmland and 210 domestic and commercial units. The villages are classic Victorian estate villages. Many footpaths lead through them and through woodlands planted in 1993 on a hillside with views over the villages, older woodlands and the Downs. A series of lakes and connecting streams run through the two parishes.